Will had this idea that we'd take all 4 children to the golf course. I could push G&T and get some exercise and B&B would just walk along with us. It was SO hot. Matt and April went with us and I'm so glad they did, April was a huge help with our troops. The twins were not too excited about just riding in the stroller so about after 3 holes, we let them out to walk. They didn't do too bad, Graham pushed the umbrella stroller the whole time and Tucker carried a 60 degree something or other along the cart path (actually dragging it along the concrete, sorry Matt). Blake played in most holes from the 100 yard marker and Brett putted on the greens. All in all, it was a fun time but because it was so hot, I felt like a truck had run over me. Also, you know how when you wash a load of laundry and you forget about it for a little while and then you remember it. I had on a t-shirt from a load that I just decided to dry without re-washing and it made me want to throw up after I got sweaty.
This is what I call my golfer and golfer in training. Blake is getting better and better. He learns more each time he goes out. He enjoys doing the same thing as his dad, that's the most important part.
April was a real trooper and helped me manage our crew. At one point Blake only 1 club left in his bag and we realized that Brett had just been leaving clubs on the greens when we left the hole. So, as hot and sweaty as I already was, I walked back 3 holes collecting what Brett had left behind
"on accident."
When we left the course, we were all starving and ended up at Las Margaritas at about 8:10 which is precisely 10 minutes past the twins bed time. It was an adventure but hey, any day with us is an adventure. Finally off to bed after a bath around 10:30. Summer time is so much fun and it's almost over.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
7 Holes of Golf + 4 children + Humidity = Sweaty Mom
Posted by Andrea at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
My favorite part of that whole story is the mildewy shirt. Glad to know I'm not the only one who forgets laundry in the wash.
Post a Comment