Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our (old) small group extended

We had our (old) small group over the other night and we also extended the invite to scoop up some other friends that just moved into town. I believe in small groups and I think they are a good thing. They produce relationships that are family oriented and grounded and it just works; small groups "do life" together. I am a fan. I also think that small groups are intended to grow and bring other people that might need to find their spot or niche. Our group consisted of the Browns, Moyens, Sanders and John Maupin and his girlfriend Jayne. John is the new head golf coach at Lee where Will is the assistant. We had a blast, hanging out on the back deck and grilling some good london broil and chicken. The evening did get a late start because a few of the guys played in a golf tournament Friday afternoon and were waiting around to see if any of them won, they didn't, it turns out.

Our kids always have a blast together and after Friday night was over, I came to some conclusions about our (old) small group. We are very loud, we laugh a lot, we poke fun at eachother ALWAYS, and our kids get along wonderfully.
For the most part, we sat on the deck and then at the dining room table (again with the lovely sunflowers in the background). This rental house. That's going to be another post another day.

The mix of people is interesting, in one way or another, each of us are connected to the same place, Lee U. We've got golf coaches, basketball coaches and faculty...and staff (that's me). And if they don't fit those categories they are married to someone who does, so we have that in common. So, I bet you already can guess what most conversations are about. Sports? Of course, its a toss up between basketball and golf and it can be football since we are fastly approaching football season. I think that's why we get so loud, everyone is an expert in one of these areas or another (or so they think).


I'm not sure what in the world they were talking about but it seems they were trying to make Matt believe something and he doesn't seem too thrilled. Ha!








Oh, this is funny. At one point, I couldn't find Missy, she was missing. Oh, she wasn't missing, she was in the living room with the kids playing Guitar Hero. It was funny, so we got this photo of her in action. She says its a blast. I wouldn't know the first thing about that game or activity, I would need some serious lessons which I'm sure my 6 year old is perfectly capable of giving.




0 comments: