Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy 80th birthday Grampa

Friday was my grandfather's 80th birthday. We celebrated all together in Wallace style, complete with food, the pool, and lots of children ranging in ages. The party was at my aunt's house who has this gorgeous backyard haven with a gigantic pool and lots of pretty blooming flowers. She sets up this slide thing too that ALL of the kids enjoy. I've never been down it but it looks fun.

My Aunt Barbara was there too to celebrate with us. She told me she hadn't seen me since I was 7 years old and I told her I bet I had changed a lot: 25 years later, plus 1 amazing husband and 4 beautiful boys. It was good to see her and she has a set of twin grandchildren who are 3 (a boy and a girl).


















How funny is this picture of my aunt and the twins in the outside pool toy box. G&T were standing over it and pointing at toys and finally my aunt said, you guys just want to get in there and play. What a great idea! This way, for a few minutes we didn't have to keep our eyes peeled making sure they weren't walking off the side of the pool. Taking them to the pool these days is a lot of work and no rest for the weary. Will and I have to keep a very close watch on the twins at this age, its kind of scary.




I had to post this one of my aunt Donna and uncle Roy. She really gave me a hard time for a photo I posted of her earlier so I thought I'd put another one in here to redeem myself. Is that good Donna?





This is a small glimpse of the slide she has hooked up to the pool. It's crazy how much fun the kids all have together in that pool. I believe they could stay out there for hours as long as we had juice boxes and sunscreen near. What a delightful day!







Even though they live in a neighborhood without any pastures or woods in sight, 4-wheeling is an activity my kids love.








So, here's to you Gramps! We love you and were so glad to have been there for your 80th birthday party.

0 comments: