Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our weekend


This past weekend, the kids and I took a little trip up to my parents house in Oak Ridge. We made big plans of going swimming at Aunt Carol's house on Saturday so we left Friday after work and made the trek up there in time for dinner. Will didn't go because he was set to play in the Cleveland Country Club Invitational Golf Tournament on Saturday morning and Sunday. We made it to moms in time for dinner. Dinner was unusual, most of the time when we go, there are lots of people around and the dining room table is full. But, this time it was mom and dad and me and the boys. It was fun and exciting as usual, anyhow. The boys played so good and always look forward to taking a bath in Mamaw's big tub.


After baths and G&T went to bed, we all sat up and watched High School Musical 2. The boys and I had never seen it. Briley came in towards the end and sang each and every word of the songs. I think she has those songs memorized. I wasn't surprised but since I don't have any girls in my house, it was a new thing to me to have all of those songs memorized.

Saturday morning we got up and mom fixed pancakes for the troops and we just laid around playing for a couple of hours. Then it was time to head to Aunt Carol's, about 30 minutes away, to swim. Todd decided to take the older ones with him and go on and I would follow with the little ones. It turned out to be such a fun and beautiful day at the pool. Graham and Tucker did not take a nap but they were surprisingly happy and content in their wet swimsuits and swim diapers from about noon until 5:00. I was shocked.
















Briley and Blake played ALL day together in the pool and never got into any arguments, they had so much fun. They made up games and played baptismal and had diving contests and dove for rings, you name it...they played it.
Aunt Donna, Uncle Roy and Aunt Brenda joined us at the pool and Donna brought their grand-daughter. We ate hot dogs and had numerous baskets of chips etc. We also, between all the children, demolished an entire bag of dark chocolate M&M's. Man, those things are good, ridiculously good.

Speaking of playing good together, Baylor and Brett are new best friends and always seem to have a big time when they are around eachother. It's so cute, they tell everyone they are best friends. I'm not sure what they are doing here but I think they loaded and unloaded this blue tub 150 times with whatever they could find.

Before we headed home we went over to visit my Grammy and Grampa at their house across the street. Grampa just got out of the hospital from when he fell and shattered his arm. He's a real trooper though and is in good spirits.

I tried really hard to get all the children to take a picture with Gram. All but one cooperated. It was my idea and it would have to be one of mine that would not cooperate. Tucker decided to just watch me take the photo and would have nothing to do with being in it. Oh well, win some, lose some.

Then I went to the back and Briley and Blake were entertaining Grampa while he was resting in bed. I did manage to get a shot of them hanging out before we left.
It was a fun, simple trip to Oak Ridge and Knoxville. We wish Will had gotten to go but he was out trying to win a golf tournament. He did not end up winning but shot a 76-81 and we were very proud of him.

3 comments:

The Stums said...

A zillion children. Water. Travel. Multiple houses. No husband in sight.

You are the bravest mom I know.

Naomi said...

I second that... and all you had to sustain you was dark chocolate? Powerful, I admit, but I think I would need something stronger. HA!

Abigail said...

Played baptismal? Hilarious...