Sunday, April 19, 2009

All dressed up and lots of places to go

Friday night, we had the chance to host a very small but fun event on campus. Every year we have an Ask the President chapel and students can write in with questions. Each year we get several students who ask for a date kit or the means to take their significant other out. So this year we decided to have one event and everyone who wrote in asking for this, got it. So, I volunteered Will and I to host and was told to ask a few other faculty/staff members to help us. So I asked Eric and Missy and Tommy and Sarah to help host. Friday also happened to be Missy's 21st birthday (not really 21 but who cares). The students were told this was going to be a very fancy and nice evening so most of them dressed accordingly. We had roses, candles, movie passes, live jazz band music and of course good food. Here's the look of the 2 person table.

Basically I did all of the organizing ahead of time and during the day on Friday so when we got there Friday night, we just enjoyed the ambiance.




This is our table. Dinner was quite good, we had bacon wrapped filets, twice baked potatoes, green beans and then chocolate molten cake for dessert. I was impressed!










I told you it was kind of fancy so we tried to dress accordingly.

























This is a group shot of the 6 of us who hosted this event. We had so much fun. They all had their own 2 person tables and we sat in the back at a 6 top table and were able to relax and enjoy a fun evening. Several students stopped by our table on their way out to tell us thanks and that they had a great time.




Since it was Missy's birthday, we decided to go down to Chattanooga after dinner and walk on the walking bridge. We were all dressed up so we wanted to head down and find a place to hang out. We walked across the bridge, high heels and all, and finally made it to a cute little place called Smokin Crabshack and Canteen. It had a back deck screened in where we could sit and be loud if we wanted. So we stayed there and had such a good time, we rang in Missy's birthday at 11:07 the exact minute she was born. Here's a pic from there.


To be honest, we have a range of personalities mixed into this little group and I will give you a few prime examples.



We have serious Tommy.








We also have goofy Eric. And not so serious but laid back Will.























This is Missy and Sarah (myself included) who decided to walk back across the bridge barefoot.










Fun, fun, fun night. It quite possibly could be the best birthday party/outing I've been to in a long time.

0 comments: