Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm REALLY sad.

This is sort of a personal entry, all about me, so you can scroll down if you like. Friday night was our 10 year reunion at Lee. We went and took all of our children. It was fun and the kids enjoyed themselves. It was a good start to a very good and fun Homecoming weekend. However, something terrible happened and I am so sick about it. Somewhere between Will leaving with the kids and me going to my DZT reunion thing, we left my really nice camera sitting in the old Mayfield gym, along with a few of our kids coats. I don't know how it happened, it just did. When we realized what had happened, it was Sat. morning and the whole gig was cleaned up. Lots of people remember it sitting there while cleaning up and it was moved twice after we left because people have told us they saw it in a few different places. So, someone was being very careful to help us not let it get stolen. But now, after its all said and done, no one knows what happened to it. I really want to throw up as I type this. I called everyone I know that worked over the weekend and they called everyone they know. No camera to be found yet. I still believe it could turn up but as time goes on today, I have my doubts. Several people have asked, is your name on it??? The answer is no, but its a Nikon D50 and on the memory card are about 300 pictures of my kids and our family. That's the only way to know its mine.
This might sound super-spiritual but I'm still praying that it'll turn up tomorrow in my office or something. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Believe for it with me?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I was thinking about your camera today. I so hope it turns up tomorrow.

Amy Elizabeth Robinson said...

So sorry. I know that is a miserable feeling. I hope it's returned to you. I hate I didn't see your sweet smile in Cleveland this weekend.

The Stums said...

Absolutely! I think lost things are important to God--coins, sheep, cameras... it's all the same to Him!

Holy cow, I won't have to attend Sunday School for a month.

Unknown said...

okay, it is killing me-- I almost called you today to see if your camera was at your desk on Monday morning.....So do you have it? I prayed it would be there.

Andrea said...

Mrs. Tara, unfortunately it was not and is still not. We did find out that we can claim it on our homeowners but we still have a $500deductible. I'm still sick about it.