Monday, June 30, 2008

That was then, this is now.

THEN

Often I take for granted the fact that we had 2 babies born at 33 weeks and were both less than 6 pounds. When I think about those days Tucker was in the hospital (13 to be exact), most of them we spent in Villa Rica, it makes me count our blessings. If you don't remember, let me refresh your memory. The twins were born at 33 weeks and Tucker was 5 pounds 11 ounces and Graham, 5 pounds 1 ounce. Graham came out strong and ready to go but Tucker on the other hand had a very slow start and spent 13 very LONG days in the NICU in Chattanooga. It might have been the 13 longest days of our lives. Every morning and every evening, sometimes more, we'd call and check on Tucker to see how he was progressing. He also had some very special visitors those days, code name: Tucker's Cuddlers. These people were angels sent from heaven, I do believe. Graham came home with us and it was a bitter sweet homecoming. We were happy to be home with Graham but so sad to leave Tucker behind. Okay, so enough sappy stuff. Tucker is at the top and this is Graham to the right.

These two photos remind me of where we started. Then I can smile real big and say this is where we are now. They are complete and total boys: bruised up, tripping eachother, breaking legs, throwing food, spitting milk, pouring entire cups of water out of the tub onto the floor. So, if you ever imagine what its like to have 4 boys...all of the above.

NOW

Tucker



You can see the bruises etc. all over Tuck's face.
He's an accident looking for a place to happen.














Graham




Graham has less bruises to show but has a fractured shin bone at this time so he's walking with a cute limp.







Seriously, they are a mess but so much fun. Who in the world thought we'd have twin boys and who really thought we'd have 4 total boys. Let's just say I'm going to be very used to smelly socks and buying 4 gallons of milk a week!!!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Gosh! I've never seen pictures of them when they were that little. The one of Tucker breaks my heart, but God has been so good to you all. They are adorable. Makes me a little sad that they are so big and I haven't even met them!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud I got to be a card-carrying member of the cuddle committee! Those nurses thought we were nuts to talk to him like he was 10 years old. Our early bonding days have paid off because he is such a sweetie when I see him.