
Our friends Tommy and Sarah had access to this wonderful lake house for the Memorial Day weekend. So, we got the invite and probably over-stayed our welcome but they kept saying it was fine. We went on Saturday and didn't come back into Cleveland until Tuesday morning. It was great fun and I've got lots of pics to post from that event. Our days pretty much went the same way each day we were there. Sarah and I usually cooked breakfast and we attempted to eat, just the 4 of us, but that didn't happen with 7 children in the house. Then by 10:00 we were mostly all down on the dock, hanging out listening to music and just sitting around. The jet ski didn't stop most days, there was always someone on it. Even Graham and Tucker rode and they LOVED it. Snacks were had about 10:30 and then lunch came
about 12 or 12:30 each day. After lunch we did much of the same, hang out on the dock, ride the jet ski and swim in the lake water (not me but the kids did). After lunch is when we'd start thinking about what we were going to do for dinner and then we all pitched in to eat pretty well while we were out there. We grilled a few times and had a roast one night and of course dessert was involved, I mean, I was there right? Matt and April came out during the day on 2 days and Eric and Missy got to come one day/evening as well. Emmy was getting over strep throat so they didn't spend the night, just came to hang out. It was great fun! By the time night came, the adults were toast and pretty much just laid around watching stupid NBA games (can't you tell I love those). However, we did not start laying around until we had a fire in the fire pit every single
night making smores.
This was one of those staple activities that the kids looked forward to all 3 nights we were there!! The kids however caught a second wind and would play card games or hide and seek outside - they had a blast!!
Matt and April were such troopers with the kids. Since they don't have any of their own yet, they basically have adopted ours and Tommy and Sarahs as their own. They are super sweet!
This is Graham and April jet skiing, cuties!!
We had some friends come over one day with their boat and they took people out tubing and boat riding. The kids enjoyed this part too.


Graham and Tucker loved playing on this float thing. It entertained them for quite awhile!





There are 2 really funny things that happened that must be put on record so no one forgets them. First one involves me, unfortunately. Okay, so I'm not an avid water skiier or boater or jet skiier for that matter, I like it but I'd rather let someone else drive while I ride (stop it with the "that's what she said" - i can hear you all saying it). Anyhow, so at first I went with Emma Kate all the time b/c she needed an adult to ride with her. I can't remember if this was Sat. or Sun, that part has slipped my mind. But anyhow, we get done riding and EK pulls it up onto the ramp successfully - we think - and she hops off and heads up the ladder. Well that leaves me by myself and the jet ski sliding off the back of the dock thing and into the water. So, I crank her up and pull around and try not once, twice but 3 times to get it where its supposed to be on the dock. Okay, Tommy enters story. He comes over there to help me or so he thinks to help me. He stands on the dock, full body weight, while I floor the gas and almost drive the jet ski up under the ramp. Well it did go under the ramp and actually even got jammed up and it took an act of Congress to get it out. So when you're using someone else's jet ski, be careful to not floor it with someone's body weight on the dock or you will wreck, as I did. We laughed later about it but I felt TERRIBLE and still do a little bit.
Funny story #2 involves Eric and I have a pic to go along with it.
This is how this story begins. Tommy takes Emmy on the jet ski b/c E&M don't have swimsuits with them. When they get back, Tommy pulls close to the dock so we can grab Emmy and get her back up on the dock. So Eric goes over to get her and I'm not sure really what happened but below is how it ended up.
Yes, that is Eric, on the jet ski, facing the wrong direction and really hanging on for dear life to the side of it. What happened was as he was grabbing Emmy, the jet ski floated away leaving him with a decision to make so he just kind of fell onto the jet ski as shown above. We all laughed pretty hard. Good times.
So, that's about it. Sorry it took so long to post this but at least I got it done!!
Thanks to the Browns for a very fun 3 days!! We'll repay in July.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Memorial Day weekend at the lake
Posted by Andrea at 2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment