Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas morning at our house

Well, it was so good to be home at our house on Christmas morning. This way we didn't end up lugging things to other places and then lugging them back home. We got home late on Christmas Eve though from Atlanta and then of course Santa's workshop was wide open until about 1 am. Maybe it was 1:30, who really knows. I was psyched up for it though and so we got it all done and ready and then went to bed. I can remember when I was little, Todd and I would wake up as early as we could, usually about 5 something and sometimes mom would make us go back to bed. Since getting home so late, the kids didn't wake up until about 7:30 almost 8 and that was totally awesome. The twins got more into it this year, opening the packages and getting excited about each gift.

Their gifts this year were "together" gifts, as usual. We won't be able to get away with that too much longer but it works for now. I mean who needs 2 shopping carts and 2 Tool Benches in their house that are exactly alike, right?
Blake got his DS that he's been wanting for awhile now. He got a few games to go with it. He also scored on a basketball goal for outside. We all went out to see it with the big red bow on it. I believe that was his most favorite gift and he's already been playing on it a lot. It does help that it is basketball season right now.
Brett was thrilled with a new toy puppy that has a real collar and leash. He named him Buddy and has carried him around since he got him.
Santa was good to us again this year, we are blessed!















This is Blake out shooting his first hoop of the morning when it was pretty freezing outside. But he had to test it out and make sure it works. It does. (P.S. Thank you Santa Robin and Stephanie)

0 comments: