Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas in Oak Ridge

We went to mom and dads house on the 26th to celebrate with them. It was pure chaos and we've vowed to do it different next year. All of the children, 6 of them, opening up things at the same time and no one knows who is getting what and who in the world its from. I hated that part, we had to go back through the lists of who got what after it was over just to keep it all straight. What a nightmare! My family out-did themselves this year though, I was surprised, massively. My mom has 3 sisters and a brother and their gifts were ridiculous this year. We got gift cards, cash money, clothing items, books, toy figures...etc. My mom surprised me with a new Coach purse this year too and I was totally shocked. She said she got a "wild hair" and I told her I love it when she gets "wild hairs."
It was great fun to be up there and we even got to see some old friends, Ms. Jan (Kennedy) right before we left to come home. Her son Brett and his girlfriend Mandi were also there. I like those folks.

Guitar Hero was the #1 gift at this Christmas and let me tell you it has been played with more than you can imagine.

Sadly enough this is the only photo I took of that whole chaotic event!

3 comments:

The Stums said...

I wish I could've seen Jan...

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

I KNEW Merica would have a comment :) I was not disappointed!

Andrea said...

Hilarious!!