Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our weekend: football, packing, party and Lee U soccer

We had a relaxing fun weekend. It feels like September for sure because football is in full bloom from the middle school level to the NFL (fantasy makes me want to puke!). Friday night we met our sunday school class at Dairy Queen for dinner and then headed out to Walker Valley to see them beat White County. It was hot and sticky but lots of fun. I don't have any photos from that evening, I didn't take my camera. AL had her camera there but she hasn't sent me any of those yet, I'll post those when I get them.

Saturday we started the packing up process. We are trying to get a jump start on it since its coming up very soon and its virtually impossible to do anything like that during the busy work week.
We started with things we know we are not going to need for the next 3 weeks. That's easy, we picked extra sheets, beach towels, books, a few toys and pans that I never use.

Saturdays are always full of college football this time of year and Will has a new partner to watch games with. Who would think that a 2 year old would sit and watch for long periods of time, not me. But Tucker loves to do this with his dad.
It's pretty cute.




Also, the boys put these hats on Saturday too, I think so they could look like their dad. It was too cute to not take a picture.










Then it was off to Rachel's birthday party. She turned 32 Friday and Saturday she had a little get together at her house. I have several cute photos from that event.



This is cutie Harper, the only little girl in the mix of 9 children, that's 8 boys and 1 girl...poor thing.
I'm pretty sure Rachel and I will have similar posts from this event but who cares, we have show how much fun we had, right?

Then we packed our clan up and went out to support the Lee University soccer teams. We played William Carey, men first, then the women. By the time we got there I was almost ready to call it a day but we went for a little while. Free snow cones and free Lee U. soccer shirts were available to any and all children, good stuff.
I'm pretty sure Brett had 3 or maybe 4 snow cones. By the end of the night, he was best friends with the snow cone makers. Brett is Mr. Personality, he makes friends with everyone wherever he goes. He especially is good friends with tons of Lee students since he spends lots of time on campus and in the dining hall. I'm pretty sure also that he thinks he's 18 just like the rest of them. Funny kid.




The babies had snow cones too but we decided to just get plain ice without the coloring to stain their clothing. They liked it too and were soaking wet by the time the night was over. They were some busy soccer fans, that is for sure!







This is our friends the Strong's. Their baby is Jeremiah and he's such a little cutie pie. They were also out to support the soccer flames!

1 comments:

The Stums said...

Try as I might, I cannot keep up with the Campbell clan. Packing, moving, bikes, shoes, parties, soccer, football... I'm dizzy just thinking about it!

Please note that L decided to perfect his armpit noises during the photo shoot. Lovely.