Sunday, September 21, 2008

I know, I know, its been 2 weeks!

Okay, so I'm way behing on blogging. I've never waited 2 weeks to post but it has happened. So I will do my best to catch up. I saw a friend today who said, "it's been forever since you blogged." Thanks Cindy, so here's to you, pal! It was good seeing you today, by the way.

We'll start with Mamaw's biscuits. All growing up, we used to take the 3 hour trip to Burgin, KY for the weekend. One thing we all looked forward to was waking up on Saturday morning to homemade biscuits. There is an art to baking homemade biscuits and I am sure I don't have that skill...until last weekend. I know the trick now, the recipe calls for butter and I've always used margarine instead. Don't do that. I used butter this time and they turned out exactly like my Mamaw's.


The boys were so excited about helping me make them. We made a mess! Flour and dough were all over the floor, but it was loads of fun and we made a great memory. I was happy for them to help me because I can remember helping my Mamaw growing up.




Here is the finished product, we were so proud!
Look mom! Look how good they turned out, just like Mamaws.







0 comments: