Sunday, March 29, 2009

Great Strides 2009

We have something at Lee every year in March, it's the Great Strides Walk/Run to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We always try to go and support and this year, our whole fam went out for the event. It was raining, almost the entire time but not storming so we were able to do the whole event. Here's the boys on the way over to Lee prepared to walk/run in the rain.

I called them the hat boys that morning b/c everyone of them wanted to wear a hat like dad. So cute.




When we got over to Lee, we had some time before our event, which was the 1 mile Fun Run. So, we ate bagels and bananas while we waited for our turn. Everyone was excited about participating. We debated taking them all over there b/c we didn't know how hard it would be raining.






Here we are in the rain, doing our 1 mile Fun Run. Funny thing happened, somehow we missed the shot gun start of our part. So, Tommy and Sarah with us and our kids did our own "fun run" in the rain. But, it was great, we laughed and got wet and just went on our merry way.














And also, at this event, my camera got on a different setting and so lots of the photos are blurry. I didn't notice it until I got home but I ran with my camera on my back so it must've switched settings. You'll be able to see the blurriness soon.












This is Amber and blurry Brett and blurry Jenna in the background. Really? How could I let that happen to my settings. It's really annoying.









This is Stephanie. I work with her and we had 100% participation from our office that morning. Cole was there too but I didn't get his picture. Of course Dr. Conn was there and his entire family.

Upstairs in the PCSU (b/c of the rain) there were games and prizes and lots of goodies for the kids. We spent about an hour up there probably. The kids enjoyed it though.





More fun in the kids area with some Hammond friends.










2 comments:

The Stums said...

Holy cow, we totally missed you?! I did the 5K, but never even saw you guys. J and the boys sat this year out due to weather. After the rain wasn't much to speak of, I was sad they missed it.

Vanessa said...

Great pics! Thanks for bringout the fam out to Great Strides!